Announcing http://download.gnome.org/

Hi guys,

we now have a new GNOME download page which works like
the CPAN multiplexer.

When you go to

        http://download.gnome.org/

you will see a list of GNOME mirrors; if you select one
of them, it'll be stored as a cookie and remembered next
time you come back.

After that, you can access the selected mirror via

        http://download.gnome.org/GNOME/

This will always redirect you to your favourite mirror
or a random one if you did not choose a mirror. You can
access any arbitrary URL on the mirror with it, for
instance

        http://download.gnome.org/GNOME/stable/sources/

If there are any problems or if you have any suggestions,
please let me know, any kind of feedback is appreciated.

--
Martin Baulig
martin gnome org (private)