Re: official support for more scripting languages in gnome needed

Andreas L. Gustafsson wrote:

> FFT works very well in Lisp, if you choose a lisp that is designed for
> speed and use the compiler. CMUCL works fine.

Then where's the question of "scripting language"?

--

James Henstridge wrote:

> > What this whole discussion was over is whether or not to make perl, python, lisp
> > and <insert favorite scripting language here> requirements for gnome.  My answer
> > is no.  HELL NO.
>
> I don't think the idea was to add artificial dependencies (that would be
> stupid).  However, I don't see the problem with programs written in
> interpreted languages.  If you don't want to install the language's
> runtime, then you are free not to use programs written in that language
> (or even rewrite them if you want)
>
> James.

I fully agree with Ben.  These languages can remain as the 'side-supporters'
of
Gnome, while keeping C as the base for Gnome.

--

Regards,
-Naba

Life is a game of bridge -- and you've just been finessed.