Re: official support for more scripting languages in gnome needed

Vlad Harchev wrote:

> > >  As for sawfish - that delay was due to the way the *window menu* was coded
> > > (elegance of code and generic approach rather than speed of execution). That
> > > delay happens only 1st time since sawfish startup when you pop up window menu
> > > (and it's caused by the fact that not all modules were loaded yet (lazy
> > > depends).  On subsequent times, the menu pops up almost immediately.
> > >  As for compiling - you didn't have to compile it yourself..
> > >

> > No, this was 2 seconds *each* time. (3 seconds the first time.)  As for compiling, as you
>
>  Hmm, perhaps it was a very old version of sawfish.. Just tried 0.36 on RH60
> on PII-800/128Mb and menu popups immediately on the 2nd+ time.

And don't expect everybody has those fancy boxes. I've PII-350, 64MB-RAM
and it takes hell out to pop it up with whole lot of HD grinding.
While on the other hand normal gtk menu takes 100 to 300 ms and I like it that way.

--

Regards,
-Naba

Successful and fortunate crime is called virtue.
- Seneca