Re: official support for more scripting languages in gnome needed

Ben Ford <ben kalifornia com> writes:

> Fine.  I have no problem with scripting languages being used in a RAD
> environment.
>
> ****BUT DON'T FORCE THEM ON ME WHEN I DON'T WANT THEM****
>
> I don't think you guys are convinced as to why I don't want to run these, but
> the fact of the matter is - I want the choice.  I want to choose *what* I do
> and do not run on my machine.  If you take this choice away from me, I *will*
> go somewhere else.  That is all I have to say.
>
> (I should set up and autoresponder that says - "I just want the choice of what
> I run on MY box.".  Maybe after enough of those somebody will get it that I
> don't give a shit if you write gftp in python or not, and I care less if
> GnuCash uses guile.  I just want to be able to say *NO FUCKING PERL, OK?!?!*)

Yeah man, amen. And while we're at it, let's get rid of the language
responsible for more security holes in the history of computing than
perhaps all others combined, due to it's lack of proper memory
management, poor standard library, and resultant tendency towards
buffer overflows. No one would want programs in a crappy language like
that, right? I'm not quite sure I remember the name, I think it might
be `C' or something?

--
Maciej Stachowiak <mjs eazel com>
whacky-ass code cowboy[sic]