Re: official support for more scripting languages in gnome needed

On Mon, Mar 19, 2001 at 05:26:03PM -0000, Paulo Pinto wrote:

>   Because everytime someone proposes something that isn't C
> it gets flammed with 'Oh I don't want you to impose that on me'
> crap.
>
>   For God sake, he was only proposing more support to languages
> like Perl, Python and so on. But NO, it isn't C so it isn't good.
> I know how it is to be flammed like this, from time to time, I
> watch people being flammed just because they want to code GNOME
> applications in C++, like myself.

I can't recall a single instance of anyone getting flamed for wanting
to write an app in C++, or any other language for that matter.  What
forum suffers from this narrow-mindedness?

> KDE people don't suffer from this problem, I know this because
> I watch their mailling lists also.

That's good to hear.  I always thought of KDE as a more-or-less
monolingual project.  I'm glad to hear that they fully support a wide
range of languages.  BTW, what languages other than C++ are well
supported by the KDE project?

-- John Kodis.