Re: strcasecmp/tolower/toupper breakage

kevin lyda <kevin suberic net> writes:

> On Fri, May 04, 2001 at 10:07:45AM -0400, Alan Cox wrote:
> > > utf8_strcasecmp() is pretty easy to implement using unichar_tolower(),
> > > if you don't change its behavior according to locale.
> > The traditional utf8 'oh my god' appears to be regexps...
>
> ok, i'm an ascii weenie[0] so i'm out of my depth, but doesn't perl handle
> unicode now - and by extension have regexps working?

As Havoc pointed out, the code is completely unextractable.

But also, there are a lot of bugs in it in 5.6 (they may have been
fixed for 5.8); I started working on porting pcre to UTF-8 at one
point, and intended to copy what Perl did for behavior, but quickly
ran into misbehavior deep in Perl's regex optimizer...

Regards,
                                        Owen