Re: Synthesizing a GdkEvent

Hi James,

Thanks for your reply. I am still having issues, tough:

On Sun, 13 May 2001, James Henstridge wrote:

> GdkWindow*    gdk_window_get_pointer     (GdkWindow       *window,

This one seems to work OK

> > current X timestamp.
>
> guint32         gtk_get_current_event_time  (void);

This is a GTK+ 2 method. I tried using gdk_get_time () but it didn't work,
so I ended up using GDK_CURRENT_TIME. Now the grab seems to occur (the
mouse pointer is changed to the cursor specified in
gnome_canvas_item_grab) but it's not working perfectly.
The difference between grabbing the pointer with my synthesized event and
a real button press event is that I am not getting motion events outside
the canvas item when grabbing with the artifical event.
Any ideas?

--
   .--= ULLA! =---------------------.   `We are not here to give users what
   \     http://cactus.rulez.org     \   they want'  -- RMS, at GUADEC 2001