Re: New project

On 13 May 2001 01:03:38 +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 12 May 2001 18:40:02 -0500, Lord Sith wrote:
> >
> > Hi!
> >
> > I want to make a light browser to read OFFLINE HTML documents..
> > i am tired of running the fatty Netscape each time i read a doc....
> > I don't have the idea of complete Web browser like Mozilla,Galeon,Konque
> >
> > ror,etc..NO!!! its only an OFFline HTML Browser..
> > if someone is interested in joining the project please contact me.
>
> The only difference between an offline and an online web browser is the
> caching. There isn't much code (well, compared to the whole browser
> code) involved in supporting HTTP code, compared to local files only.

Yeps, and some code to do DNS-lookups and stuff, but the major part of
Netscape/Mozilla/Galoen/etc consists out of code to render a HTML-page
in The Right Way(tm). So there are only two posibillities:
1) write you're own html-renderer
2) Contribute to mozilla to speed things up.

--
Jeroen Benckhuijsen

Software Engineer
Phoenix Software