Re: Speaker verification in gdm

> > I have just written a prototype for a speaker verification system. I would like
> > to know whether it would be feasable to plug it in gdm so that you could use it
> > instead of login/passwd. Any idea?
>
> You might want to look at seeing if you can package it as a PAM
> module. (PAM == pluggable authentication modules.) If you can
> do that, then GDM will work with your scheme anywhere that
> PAM is used - most linux distributions, at least.
>
> And as a side benefit, you'll be able to use it for console
> logins, etc, as well.
>
> If you need more complicated screen displays than a simple
> text dialog, however, then you might have to hack GDM itself.

I don't know PAM, but I suppose I'll need a couple non-standard things, like
prompting (sending a wav?) the user and/or waiting for a certain key to be
pressed before recording. I don't know PAM at all, so I don't know whether it
would do the job.

	Jean-Marc

--
Jean-Marc Valin
Universite de Sherbrooke - Genie Electrique