Improving CVS commits

Hi,
I am sending this as a reminder to people on how CVS commits should
look. If you look at the web interface of CVS you see that most of
CVS commits are made using this format:
2001-05-25 Michael Natterer <mitch gimp org>

* app/Makefile.am
* app/gimpui.[ch]: removed.

* app/tools/paint_options.[ch]: removed paint_mode_menu_new().

* app/widgets/Makefile.am
* app/widgets/gimpwidgets-constructors.[ch]
I have noticed lately that more and more people don't conform to this
anymore. Due this I am sending out this mail asking people to try to
include a header like the one shown in the example.
(2001-05-25 Michael Natterer <mitch gimp org>)
The advantage is that it makes it much easier for people reading the
entry to mail the commiter if there are some problems etc. and to see
who do the commiting. The CVS username isn't that informative unless you
happen to know who has the username in question.

If I am not mistaken doing commits this way is also part of the GNOME
development culture.

To see how CVS commits are done and why having this info is nice see:
http://cvs.gnome.org/bonsai/cvsquery.cgi?module=all&branch=HEAD&branchtype=match&dir=&file=&filetype=match&who=&whotype=match&sortby=Date&date=hours&hours=24&mindate=&maxdate=&cvsroot=%2Fcvs%2Fgnome

Christian