compile trouble

hi,

I have some trouble compiling various apps.
i.e i tried to build a snapshot of bluefish and I get errors that
gdk-pixbuf.h cannot be found. But it's there - only not in
/usr/include/gdk-pixbuf but in
/usr/include/gdk-pixbuf-1.0/gdk-pixbuf/gdk-pixbuf.h

the same happens with other apps with other includes aswell.
I have RH 7.2 and gnomehide packages. I understand that the location of
the header files has changed to enable both Gnome 1 and 2 on the same
system.

But how can I tell those applications that still look in the old places
where the header files now are?

thanks
Jens

--