template source tree

HI

I've been writing a gnome panel applet and now it's
almost finished, I'd like to put it in a proper
source tree with a .configure script etc. Now, I had
a look at the source trees of some other applets, but
I can't really figure out what files I need to fill in,
and what files are generated.

I did have a look at the source tree that is generated
by glade for a new project. This generates a few files
which seem to be the files I need. However, when I
put my applet sources in there, the applet libraries
don't seem to be included for some reason. I did put
an entry like this in the Makefile.am file:

cde_applet_LDADD = $(GNOME_LIBDIR) $(GNOMEUI_LIBS) $(GNOME_APPLETS_LIBS)

But in the Makefile that is generated on calling
autogen.sh, the last argument does not seem to be filled in:

GNOME_APPLETS_LIBS =

after the = sign, it's empty. Does anyone know
how I could make this work?

best regards

jos