Re: terminal resize: how?

> .. I'm not sure I want a terminal app to resize
> my terminal window.

The openwindows shelltool allows escape sequences to resize the terminal
window and it works very well.  You can also open/close the window and
change the namestripe with escape sequences.

I find that applications do not abuse the capability -- most people don't
write apps that won't work on most terminals -- but it's very handy to
have little shell scripts that can configure your terminal the way you
want it.  E.g. I can type "win 90" to get a 90-column window if I need it.

	-ed falk