Re: How to script wallpaper changer to gnome?

On 09 Jan 2001 02:43:07 +0800, Carfield Yim wrote:
> I would like to write a crontab script to change the background of
> gnome every 5 minutes, I find that the file ~/.gnome/Background
> contain the information of wallpaper display.

I think it would be nice to be able to specify a URL (not only a
filename or solid color) by which the wallpaper is updated every
once in a while by the background-properties applet.

I don't know the proper way to implement it though... Perhaps one
should try to make one of the URL handlers render the wallpaper,
or maybe GtkHTML would be better?

Fredrik