[no subject]

Application registry files are parsed in this order:
/opt/gnome-2.0/share/application-registry/gnome-vfs.applications

Settings from this file can be overwritten by other *.application files in
/opt/gnome-2.0/share/application-registry.  They are probably parsed in
directory order, but this may not be guaranteed.

Mime and key files are parsed in this order:
First read /opt/gnome-2.0/share/mime-info/gnome-vfs.mime
Then read /opt/gnome-2.0/share/mime-info/*.mime
Then read $HOME/.gnome/mime-info/user.mime

gnome-vfs is supposed to allow the user to easily change the default application
to another registerd application (which must be in your $PATH) by right-clicking
the file.  This should change the $HOME/.gnome-mime-info/user.keys file but not
modify the system defaults.  This part of GNOME 2.0 vfs is not yet complete.