RE: [Fwd: Thinks... what need gnome to make linux more usable ?]

okay this is what we are doing currently for Sun as their part of the removable media manager port. This module is available under rmm-utils in public cvs. This is currently not ported to linux as it uses some underlying solaris specific media library but i am pretty much sure we can put some equivalent library in linux too and use this as hot pluggable stuff. currently its like if you put the audio cd's it starts the gnome-cd, if its a data floppy it will put the nautilus file manager etc.
regards
bharat