Re: writing help files for gnome 2.0 programs

On 24 Aug 2002, Mikael Hallendal wrote:

> > But if I specify
> >
> > <subject category="GNOME|Applications|Other"/>
>
> That's because there is no GNOME/Applications/Other category.
> ScrollKeeper has a tree of categories where you might put your
> documents. Otherwise documents would end up all over the place
> because someone might not like the predefined categories.

OK, I see.  I can now get it to appear under
Applications/Scientific/Other, though it seems a bit funny that it
can't be put under the GNOME heading, since it is a gnome program.
I take your point that there has to be a fixed set of categories, but
it seems the Gnome/Applications category could do with a few more
sub-categories (Education, Scientific, Other?).

One other thing: If I go to "About this document", I'm seeing on
stderr

(yelp:11924): Yelp-WARNING **: Failed to open:
ghelp:/opt/gnome2/share/gnome/help/gretl/C/stylesheet/gnome-logo-icon.png

I'm not sure where this is coming from: gnome-logo-icon.png is not
explicitly referenced in my xml.

Allin Cottrell.