Re: gnome-autogen.sh

Hi Ralf,

> > Thoughts/suggestions ?
> Hmm, IMHO, you are missing one essential problem:
>
> Though there exist incompatibilities between different versions of
> automake, the main troublemaker is autoconf's incompatibilities.
> (Eg. the cause of the AC_DEFINE warnings is autoconf. The cause of the
> autom4te*.caches is autoconf etc.)

Not sure what I'm missing.  Of course everything I mailed applies to
autoconf as well, maybe I should have made that more clear, but it's the
same principle.
Also, it applies to intltool, libtool, and so on too if people want that.

> In addition to that I can't think of any good reason, why people would
> want to use automake-1.6.x - It's largely compatible to automake-1.7.x,
> except that it requires a different minimum version autoconf

Not so much "want" as "have it installed".

Thomas

We did it by the door
We did it on the floor
how about tonight, maybe
we do it some more ?
<-*- thomas  (at) apestaart (dot) org -*->