GdkFilterReturn

Hi all

There is a question about the correct return value for my on gdk event
filter. In my GSwitchIt applet I listen for loads of X events (XKB,
windows creation/switching related ones) and install my custom filter.
What are the ideas behind TRANSLATE/CONTINUE/REMOVE return values? What
are the principles I should use for choosing the retval? Actually, I see
my applet getting a lot of events (event if I not asked for them) -
because it shares X window with gnome-panel, so some of these events I
have no idea about - how should I treat them?

I googled the web - but could not find any decent description of all
these complexities. Standard documentation is rather weak at this point.

TIA,

--
Sergey