Re: Mono and GNOME. The long reply.

On 6 Feb 2002, Xavier Bestel wrote:

> le mer 06-02-2002 à 16:25, Alan Cox a écrit :
> > The same way as CPU manufacturers patent instructions. Welcome to the USA.
>
> 'cause you think Europe will stay free from such pratices ? Give them 1
> or 2 more years ...

IANAL, but a problem with US is that you can release/publish something,
then wait for say 6-9 months for everybody to jump on board, file a patent
that gets granted after another N months and then start asking everybody
using it for fees.

> 	Xav

	Sander

	I see a dark sail on the horizon
	Set under a dark cloud that hides the sun
	Bring me my Broadsword and clear understanding