Re: Mono and GNOME. The long reply.

I agree with Martin completely here. Bonobo and other nice platform
things simply haven't been worth the stagnation of things that actually
matter to users. The train got derailed with "platform issues" somewhere
after GNOME 1.2, and I feel like we're only just starting to get back on
track.

Do I like developing on the new platform? For the most part, yes. Am I
more productive? Yes. But I think we would have done better putting more
energy into tier-one (i.e. Evolution, Gnumeric, AbiWord, not fly by
night hacks) applications and the user environment itself.

-seth