install script

hello all,
I think I saw someone mention an install script for gnome.

I have a 'generic' script for installing a list of tar.gz or tar.bz2 files. You feed it a file with the names of packages, no version number needed, and the name of a directory.

The script will sort the input list of desired packages, and then search the given directory and install the available packages in the desired order.

Is anyone interested in this? Or does something similar perhaps exist already for gnome 1.4?

bye, Danny.