Re: Creating my own widget (err: class is smaller than its parent class)

On 2002.01.20 14:22 rob wrote:

you haven't left space for the parents instance struct in your one

struct _GtkCodeText{
};

should be

struct _GtkCodeText
{
	GtkText gtkText;
};

Also your files are named crazily
GtkCodeText.h should be GtkCodeText.c
GtkCodeText_in.h should be GtkCodeText.h
(though it dosen't really matter what you call them it confuses other
people that have to look at them)

It's fixed :)

You also shouldn't use the Gtk prefix for you own classes as there is
a possibilty that it might clash with a name from gtk
hope this helps

Aldo I already found the problem before I read your mail
it was indeed correct what you said :). I also fixed the
filenames and am going to fix the prefix stuff now.

Thanks.

http://www.freax.be/files/GtkCodeText.c
http://www.freax.be/files/GtkCodeText.h
http://www.freax.be/files/example.c
are also updated in case somebody else wants to
check the more-correct files.

--
Philip van Hoof aka freax (http://www.freax.eu.org)
irc: irc.openprojects.net mailto:freax @ linux.be