Re: gnome2 WM bug?

On Thu, 2002-07-25 at 22:56, mdew wrote:

thanks for the responses guys, I think I may've tracked it down. In
orginal 1.0.x Nautilus, I told it _NOT_ to draw the desktop. However
Nautilus 2 doesnt like being told this (through a gnome-session) ...this
is speculation based upon my experience so far,  So I loaded Naut2
manually, changed the drawing desktop options, and everything loaded
fine. (other than the WM)

export WINDOW_MANAGER=metacity
metacity&
exec gnome-session

gnome-session is not loading the window manager, wether its sawfish or
metacity..doesnt matter.

another quick question, under Gnome2, most existing gnome apps work
fine.. though Im having problems with Galeon starting, its sends up a
"Application galeon-bin (process 15582 has crashed due to a fatal
error". is there something special about Galeon (that makes it crash on
start-up) as opposed to Evol/Abi/Gnumeric ?