gnome hang?

Hi,
    i have a USB device attached to my machine(am using Redhat 7.1 'out of the box' kernel, and the Gnome that comes with it).
If i plug out my USB device when my machine is sending data out through the device(using FTP), then i experience a machine hang.
The above phenomenon does not happen in KDE desktop environment and non-desktop environment. The driver for USB device is something
that i wrote, and i am trying to find a problem there.
    Is there any known problem in Gnome that could cause the above problem. Cos if it's a problem with the driver it would have cropped up
in KDE and non-desktop environment as well.
    Thanx in advance.
Rgds
avinash

"Because i live in a large tin can and i work in an egg carton Flirting is the only joy i have:)"

whatsoever is strictly prohibited.