Re: gnome-help-browser and gnome-download

On Fri, 2002-06-14 at 13:42, Kjartan Maraas wrote:

> fre, 2002-06-14 kl. 15:45 skrev Grant McLean:
> > As a GNOME user and a Perl hacker, I thought I'd try my hand at
> > extending the gnome-help-browser to handle 'perldoc:...' URLs.
>
> The help-browser is not capable of full fledged web browsing so
> external download was disabled. I don't think this is going to
> change.

I think Grant meant perldoc local help -- perldoc is a system like
"info" or "man", for giving documentation on Perl modules.  And I
think yelp support for that would be cool -- as would apache docs,
and /usr/share/doc stuff.

Liam

Ankh: irc.sorcery.net www.valinor.sorcery.net irc.gnome.org www.advogato.org
Author, Open Source XML Database Toolkit, Wiley August 2000
Co-author: The XML Specification Guide, Wiley 1999; Mastering XML, Sybex 2001