Re: new file selector dialog?

On Thu, 7 Mar 2002 19:43:50 +0100
Pawel Salek <pawsa TheoChem kth se> wrote:

> I guess this is a question of taste. Actually, I like the present
> GtkFileSelector quite much since it has convenient keyboard support and
> tab expansion. So, IMO, it is quite user friendly and definetely
> productive.
productive yes, but it took me a long time to discover all this stuff
and I am pretty sure a end user will not discover this

> The only problem I experienced so far was a tendence to "loose" the
> filename when using the file selector for saving but I do not have any
> "user friendly" ideas.
I have several problems... it is intuitive to me to type a folder name
on the entry and press 'enter' to go for it... I miss a "go up" button
and a "filter" entry (the entry where you type the filename would serve
this purpose, also)... just thoughts

[]s!

--
kov debian org: Gustavo Noronha <http://www.metainfo.org/kov>