? gnome_startup_acquire_token in GNOME2

Hi all

In GNOME 1 there was poorly documented (but useful and widely used)
function gnome_startup_acquire_token. What is the analog of this
function in GNOME2? I want to run some piece of code once per session.
Also, where could I read about the applications running at the session
startup (in particular, the icons used in the splash startup screen)?
AFAIK this matter is related to the gnome_client_* API but could not
find any good doc on this particular moment of its usage.

Cheers,

--
Sergey