libgnomeprintui-2.2 ?

Hi,

on a fresh jhbuild, gedit needs libgnomeprintui-2.2.pc and the gnome-2-0
branch of libgnomeprintui installs -2.0.pc  and thus the build fails.

Now, the questions:

a) is libgnomeprintui supposed to be API-stable ? If so, why does it not
   keep providing libgnomeprintui-2.0.pc ? Is it just a matter of
   cosmetics ? I have a hunch pc files like this should have been called
   .2.pc instead of .2.0.pc from the start ;)
   If there is no real API change, I'd suggest that libgnomeprintui goes
   back to using -2.0.pc, and just increase the version number
b) does gedit really *need* API-incompatible functions from
   libgnomeprintui 2.1.x ?

Any suggestions from both gedit and libgnomeprintui people or others would
be helpful, but I feel it should be fixed one way or the other.

Thanks,
Thomas

It's only love that stops you from walking out the door
<-*- thomas  (at) apestaart (dot) org -*->