Re: This is a Troll!

On Wed, 2002-09-11 at 15:48, Knut Neumann wrote:
> Anyway: Open source gives you the freedom to (almost) do whatever you
> want with the software - but it gives you by no means the right to
> request something from the developer or blame him if he does not do it.

exactly, i agree to the other points of yours but the point above is a
weak sidepoint of opensource 'you can't blame anyone'. please understand
that GNOME is not a little project done by 2-5 hackers anymore. GNOME is
an argument in opensource software nowadays.

if you work on a desktop where your plans are to reach a wide userbase
then you should also be able to take constructive criticism, rants and
blames. if you can't deal with these things then you missed and failed
your mission.

if you work on a little tool for example where you can find 10 other
apps that do the same then you can simply say 'forget it i use something
else' but for GNOME there are not much alternatives besides KDE.

we are all working on the ultimative desktop environment for linux
(which GNOME currently is not). so it is better to work together with
the users and get the weakness of GNOME fixed instead shutting down the
head and ears and ignore people's request. if so then it is better to
forget the mission.

by the way i agree to many of his constructive opinions myself. they
reflect what many people think about GNOME.

- Ali

--
Name....: Ali Akcaagac
E-Mail..: mailto:ali akcaagac stud fh-wilhelmshaven de