RE: This is a Troll!

It seems that the file dialog is the major contention issue in gnome...

I have seen several propositions but it stills stays the old one because
lack of agreement between people.

The solution would be to consider the File Dialog as a theme. Gnome on
So the File Dialog can be as simple as the GTK dialog or be very complex
(directory creation, shortcuts, integration with nautilus, ...) while
maintaining a simple interface to the application (return the filename
and directory selected, regex to filter files,...).

The best file dailogs would be able to compete between each others and
one will come out of the lot to be the official in a future gnome
release.

Cheers.

Franck Martin
Network and Database Development Officer
SOPAC South Pacific Applied Geoscience Commission
Fiji
E-mail: franck sopac org <mailto:franck sopac org>
Web site: http://www.sopac.org/
<http://www.sopac.org/> Support FMaps: http://fmaps.sourceforge.net/
<http://fmaps.sourceforge.net/>
Certificate: https://www.sopac.org/ssl/

This e-mail is intended for its addresses only. Do not forward this
e-mail without approval. The views expressed in this e-mail may not be
necessarily the views of SOPAC.