Re: How to install app write in gtk 1.x to gnome 2.0

On Sun, 2002-09-22 at 20:43, chen.shengqi wrote:
> Dear sirs:
>     I installed gnome 2.0 in solaris 8 for x86, it works fine, and I want to install anjuta, glimmer, gftp on it, when I run ./configure --prefix=/opt/gnome-2.0 , it always need gnomeConf.sh, or said no glib , this should be file on gnome-1.x, and on gnome-2.0 no this file indeed.and on gnome 2.0, glib was name to glib-2.0. How can I overcome this problem?
>     It seems that  when  libs are upgrade,the DLL/LIB are offen renamed. this is a big problem to me.
>     thanks.

You can have both gtk1.x and gtk2.x installed at the same time.
Download the necessary libraries (gtk from gtk.org, gnome from
gnome.org) and install what is necessary.  That way, you can use/develop
with both sets of libraries.  (the reason the names changed between
versions is to allow both to be installed together.)