Re: Execute an external program and progress bar

Use g_execute_* to run the program, then create an IOChannel on the
output stream and add it to the main loop.

Alternatively, use idle timeout to select() or read() the output and
update the status bar accordingly.

You can check out anjuta's code to see how we do it (src/launcher.c)