Re: LibXML2 Indentation

On Wed, 2003-04-30 at 17:32, Chipzz wrote:
> THAT is an advantage of human-readable formats, not that you can edit
> them. But since gconf doesn't use indentation, everything gets put on
> one line, and this is essentially 100% useless. At which point you
> might just as well use a binary format, because it doesn't matter any-
> way.

Yeah, in all the noise and flames a very reasonable (IMO) request got
lost, namely for indentation whitespace *between* XML elements, i.e.
outside of CDATA areas, which as we all know is *not* significant to
anything but us humans :-)

I think that most persistent XML (e.g. files, things that aren't just
interprogram messages) ought to be output with "pretty" whitespace.
Otherwise it really is just another binary format, only less compact ;-)

- Bill