[no subject]

In my opinion file type guessing by content should either not be used
at all or only as a very last fallback when everything else failed.
Filetype guessing might also become part of the context-menu to allow
the user to easily fix the suffix in case of that being broken.

So far I really hadn't I single case where I was happy to have
file-content guessing in Nautilus/gnome-vfs, but a whole number of
cases where it was simply just damn annoying. In my eyes it has done
far worse than good. The biggest disadvantage of file-content guessing
is after all that it is not modifiable by the user at all, obscure and
slow. Using the filename name however is fast, transparent to the
user, easy to modify and basically works much better in my experience.

JabberID: grumbel jabber org
ICQ:      59461927