Re: gnome-vfs/GIOChannel for parsing

On Mon, 2003-02-17 at 05:46, Michael Meeks wrote:
> Hi Colin,
>
> 	You put your finger on the lack of a standard, functional stream API -
> and it is a serious problem, albeit one receiving very little thought
> generally it seems.
[...]
> 	Nevertheless - it's an extremely worthwhile project - I'd be most
> pleased to have a few I/O / streaming GInterfaces that would do a good
> job of standardizing this / moving us towards a more powerful and
> integrated I/O model.

Ok, well, I did a quick port of the Mono implementation of the C# Stream
API to GObject.  The result is here:

http://svn.verbum.org/repos/libgstream/trunk/

The interesting bits are in libgstream/.  It supports both file
descriptor sources and GnomeVFS handles.  You can see how it works with
test/gstream-cat.c.

I plan to implement the TextReader/TextWriter bits next.

Comments appreciated!