Re: developers, maintainers: Please add a startup notify line to your desktop.in files!

On Wed, Jan 01, 2003 at 06:42:44PM -0800, Seth Nickell wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-12-31 at 17:18, Christian Neumair wrote:
> > Hi there!
> > It would be nice if all of you could add the line
> > StartupNotify=true
> > to your desktop.in files. This will enable startup notification.which is
> > a cool feature which got integrated into GNOME 2.2. It won't hurt anyone
> > who isn't using the startup notification lib so those persons won't
> > experience undesired side-effects.
>
> If there's no harm to it being on, why isn't it on by default? Also,
> what is the lib called we need to get startup notification working?

There is harm to it being on, the busy cursor gets stuck if the app
doesn't actually support startup notification. So it has to be enabled
for apps that support it.

You don't need special libs, anything that links to GTK 2.2 and opens
a window will work automatically - see the mail I posted a while back.

Havoc