Re: GObject-based streams redux

Hello Jody,

On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 03:14:15PM -0400, Jody Goldberg wrote:

> libgsf has continued to mature and is now lgpl and used in several
> applications.  It's interfaces are all syncronous right now, but
> adding some async api would be useful.

libgsf is way overkill for my needs.
All I need is a cute little abstract class (let's call it GIOStream)
so that I can subclass it into 1) plain TCP sockets,
2) SSL sockets, and be able to plug both into a cute little library
that takes whatever passes for a GIOStream. All other users
of GIOStream would automatically become able to use the socket
classes as well.
What I don't want is the whole might of the structured file
library and its dependencies bound to my little app,
that's for sure.

So, the question stands: is there any draft of a lightweight
generic stream I/O framework that would be dependant only on
the core glib and GObject?

--
Stay tuned,
  MhZ                                     JID: mhz altlinux org