Re: Gnome Canvas crossing events problem

Marco Mussini <marcomus libero it> writes:

> I'm developing an application for write musical score and I use gnomecanvas
> with items and groups. I have found enter/leave notifications problem.
> In my case, I can not know if the mouse is exiting from the whole group or
> only from one item of the group, because it receives the enter/leave
> notifications not just for the group, but for all of its subitems.
> Then, how can I know when it exits from the group? Have you any ideas?

I actually talked about this recently in my messages "Gnome Canvas and
crossing events".  I do not think there is a good way to handle this
currently.  On the other hand, you could try giving assigning an
empty true function to all subelement of the group.  I heven't tried
this yet, so I don't know if it will work.  I still think there
should be a better way, however.

--
Michael Welsh Duggan
(md5i cs cmu edu)