Re: canvas bits ...

Hi John,

On Tue, 2003-06-24 at 05:38, John Heidemann wrote:
> I think we're speaking past each other.  My original point was that
> the manual said "no one needs to do this (allow shrinkable windows)",
> my app is a counter example.

	Nonsense - no-one _needs_ to do this; and it's arguably badly broken.

> I agree with you that widgets shouldn't try to render themselves
> smaller than they can.

	So - what happens when they get less size than they asked for ?

> I wasn't saying they should.  But for my app, the widget CAN make
> itself smaller.  Surely, Gtk shouldn't disallow this as an option?

	It doesn't ;-) it just asks you to do it in a sensible way.

> I didn't really want to subsclass my own canvas and change its code.

	How about gtk_widget_set_size_request (canvas, 10, 10) ? and setting
the right expand etc. properties on the containers.

	HTH,

		Michael.

--
 michael ximian com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot