Re: applet unsuccessful initialization

Hi Sergey,

On Thu, 2003-03-13 at 11:20, Sergey V. Oudaltsov wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I would like my applet to be able to close itself in case of
> unsuccessful initialization (if XKB extension is not present on X
> server). Analyzing gnome-panel code, I see that the actual value
> returned by the initialization callback is nearly ignored. So the
> question: is there a way to de-initialize and stop the applet nicely
> (without "...applet crashed..." boxes)?
>
> Any comments would be welcome,

	Someone else asked me that question lately. They wanted to do the same
thing with the volume control if the device couldn't be opened.
	I think its actuall better if the applet stays on the panel but gives
some indication that its not working correctly rather than just not
appearing - e.g. making the widgets insensitive and adding a tooltip
explaining that XKB isn't enabled.

Good Luck,
Mark.