Re: a wrapbox widget

--- Kang Jeong-Hee <Keizi mail co kr> wrote:
> On 2003.05.27 05:26, Charles Lambert wrote:
> > > Well, how do you handled homogeneous property?
> > by checking for the largest width and height of
> all
> > the child widgets, and use that as size_request.
> Then
> > I do the same thing in the size_allocate, but also
> > apply any remaining space to each widget. Note
> that
> > you have to change the size enough for a widget to
> fit
> > on at the end. for example, if there are 12
> widgets
> > and only five fit in a row, and there space left
> over
> > that amounts to about half the width of the 6th
> widget
> > (1st widget in the next row) then homogenous will
> fill
> > that extra space
>
> Yeah, that the way GtkBox(or GtkToolbar?) have
> already done.
>
> Why don't you use GtkSizeGroup? It's implemented to
> manage
> synchronizing size of multiple widgets from the
> begining.
> And It'll reduce a number of lines of code from
> gtkwrapbox.c.

if you could show me an example of where it would
reduce the amount of code, i would greatly appreciate
it. You are the fifth person that has recomened using
GtkSizeGroup. Everytime someone says to use it, i
examine my code and only see that it would increase
the amount of code, by maintaining more variables, and
lists (the GtkSizeGroup being a list). I understand
how GtkSizeRequest is supposed to work. I also see
where it could reduce code. What i don't see is how it
could reduce MY code.

Thanks in advance,
Charles Lambert
email: cwlambert76 yahoo com