rsync or CVSup access to gnome CVS

Until recently, I have been using rsync to cvs.gnome.org to mirror
parts of the gnome's CVS repository. Doing so saves me a lot of
bandwidth, which is scarce for me, as opposed to downloading
the tar files of releases.

When I tried to rsync today, I found that access has been blocked
by requiring a password now. What must be done in order for me
to gain rsync access again?

Thanks,

Martin

p.s. CVSup would be an even more bandwidth-saving scheme of course
and therefore even more preferable to me.