libwnck: window focus after raise

Hello,

I'm using libwnck to raise some windows.  The function I'm using is
wnck_window_activate()

The function raises the window fine, but it doesn't focus it (it's
still "grayed out"), and I have to click in the window in order to
focus it.  I've noticed that other apps that use libwnck (like the
gnome-panel window list)  are able to raise windows, and also have
them be focused.   Do I have to do something other than
wnck_window_activate in order to cause a window to be focused?

I don't know if it matters, but I'm calling window_activate from
another top-level window.

Thanks!

-danan