Window without borders?

Hi,

I want to write small application. The main part of interface would be a gnome panel's applet, but I need to create one window. I don't want to create normal window - with title, borders etc. I want to create window like this which appears after clicking on a date on panel (this small "window" with calendar below current date/time). This window don't have any title, border etc.

Where I can find any suitable tutor/documentation for problem like that?

Maybe someone could send an small example (with empty "window" invoked by clicking anything on my applet)?

--
m.