Re: New clipboard proposal

On Thu, 2004-12-30 at 20:21 +0100, Philip Van Hoof wrote:
> Hi there fellow hackers, programmers and other people involved in the
> development of the freedesktop.
>
> There's been many problems with the current implementation of the X11
> clipboard. Before I start with my new proposal I'll guide you through
> the current implementation so you'll understand some terminology. If you
> already know everything about the clipboard on X11, you can skip all
> this, of course.

Before going any further, do you think it might be more appropriate to
keep followup discussion localised to one list only? (Sure, the initial
mail arguably had wide interest, but the thread is liable to fragment.)

I'd nominate xdg-list for people to reply to (it's probably the most
suitable list for this kind of discussion).

--
Andrew