Re: What gnome package starts xscreensaver?

Hi Greg,

On Mon, 2004-02-09 at 18:00, Greg Kurtzer wrote:
> I built Gnome from source, and everything works fine except xscreensaver is
> not starting at login. I can start it at the command line, or gnome starts it
> when I click on the xscreensaver properties.
>
> I am guessing that it is because something was compiled without xscreensaver
> being installed but I am not sure what. I thought it was control-center, but I
> confirmed that xscreensaver _was_ installed when this was built. Maybe I am
> barking up the wrong tree here...
>
> Any advice would be very helpful.

Start up gconf-editor and have a look at the keys under
/apps/gnome_settings_daemon/xscreensaver. That is the only reason I can
think that it might not be starting for now.

By the way, this is the wrong list for this question, since it does not
really have anything to do with GNOME development. gnome-list gnome org
would probably be more appropriate.

Cheers,
Malcolm