Re: charset generation

On 2004-02-11(Wed) 00:56:58 +0100, Bruno Coudoin wrote:
> > Extracting the "character set" for the current locale is possible (see,
> > for example, http://mail.nl.linux.org/linux-utf8/2000-01/msg00040.html),
> > but this is too broad. My current encoding is en_AU.UTF-8, so any UTF-8
> > character is in my locale's character set. However I do not use Kanji
> > characters very often in day-to-day work, for example.
> >
> Your lucky, this question arised especialy for the Kanji charset ;)

In my copy of Chinese Windows 2000, there's such a game, where Chinese
characters are falling off, and people need to use their favorite input
method to type characters. Once a character is correctly typed, it will
be bounced away. However, it's just a very small subset of all Chinese
characters (I guess no more than 300 for the easier levels).

Not sure if similar game exists in Japanese or Korean version of Windows.

Abel