Re: charset generation

Hello,

On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 01:02:21AM +0100, Bruno Coudoin wrote:
> You are correct. We are especially focussed on kids and we may want to
> avoid complex charaters typings. More, we may need to start with letters
> easy to type (one key) and then introduce the ones that needs 2 keys
> (like alt+x).

Under X you could try to use the X keyboard extention
to get the character codes for all keys.  This gives you
everything which is trivial to type.

Then you could use character classification functions
like isalpha to find all letters etc.

I don't know whether this will work well for Kanji etc.,
but at least for languages where the number of letters is
not much larger then the number of keys this should give
a reasonable list.

Jochen
--
http://seehuhn.de/