Re: Linux clipboard

On 13/02/2004 7:09 AM, Spencer Buckner wrote:

Is it possible to copy an image file (a png file, for example) to one of the Linux clipboards from inside a gnome application? If so, is there example C code showing how to do this?

The X clipboard works via content negotation. So, the app performing the "copy" operation advertises what formats it can provide the data, then the pasting app picks a format from the list that it supports and asks the first app to send the data.

So the answer is yes, it is possible for an application to support copying and pasting images to/from the clipboard. However, I don't know of many examples to point you at (gimp might, but I haven't checked). I am also not sure what format names they provide ...

James.

--
Email: james daa com au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/